A food processor is one of the most significant kitchen appliances that do a remarkable job of processing your food. From slicing to chopping, this kitchen appliance has outperformed most other kitchen machines thanks to its versatility, performance and consistency.
Having conducted an in-depth research on the best food processors in the market, we managed to land on the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor. A powerful kitchen accessory with a large 14-cup work bowl and a brushed stainless steel outer casing, the Cuisinart has really outdone most other food processors due to its durable design and incredible uniformity during operation.
For those customers wondering on which food processor to consider, please read on to determine whether the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor is the perfect option for you. You can also explore other alternatives here: https://kitchenlola.com/best-food-processors-with-reviews/
About the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor
One selling feature of the Cuisinart food processor is its large capacity. You see, most kitchen enthusiasts especially chefs and professional cooks know that one way of creating the best meals involves processing your ingredients in batches. With the large size of the Cuisinart, you can easily prepare all your ingredients in large batches without having to split your recipe.
You can easily knead your dough to make multiple loaves of bread, make large batches of salsa, hummus, puree soups or even make dog foods with just a single process. Although the work bowl is large enough to process family-sized meals, one point of concern is when chopping whole grains or ice which can easily scratch the sides of the bowl.
Speaking of the feed tube let me mention that this accessory is large enough to accommodate large batches of vegetables, cheese, zucchini, tomatoes and potatoes with ease. Using the available pusher, you can easily process your tomatoes, potatoes, onions, carrots and cucumbers without having to pre-cut them into small pieces.
Now, inside the work bowl lie three powerful stainless steel blades that have been designed to accomplish most of your slicing and chopping needs. Designed with perfect engineering and versatility, these blades will definitely make your food preps much easier.
Among the three stainless steel blades include;
- A stainless steel slicing disk that’s capable of making thin slices of foods such as cabbages and lemons.
- A stainless steel chopping blade that’s perfect for slicing herbs, pureeing pesto and also accomplishing a variety of other kitchen tasks.
- A shredding disk that’s ideal for fine grating your spices.
- And finally, the plastic dough blade that’s perfect for mixing a variety of dough and batter when baking bread.
On/off control button
In addition to all these, there’s an on/off control button that makes processing of your foods much easier. The on button allows continuous operation of this appliance making it easier for you to puree fruits and vegetables, make baby food, grind meat and make nut butter.
Power and stability
Finally, there’s the issue of power and stability. To give you the required power output, the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor comes with a massive 720W heavy-duty motor that has been fitted at the bottom of the appliance to give you enough power to accomplish all your slicing requirements.
The motor has been placed at the bottom of this food processor to make the base fairy heavy thus stabilizing the machine. On top of that, Cuisinart has added four rubberized feet on the underside to make the appliance steady and avoid any unnecessary movements on the countertop during operation.
Who is it for?
From what we’ve just mentioned, it’s clear that the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor is a perfect choice for those customers searching for a large appliance that will handle most of their food processing tasks. Whether you’re planning to host a party or you’re just preparing meals for your large family, this appliance will definitely be the best companion as it will save you time and effort during preparation.
Customers searching for a food processor manufactured by a reputable company should definitely go for Cuisinart. The brushed stainless steel outer casing will also appeal the eyes of most buyers as it blends well with most modern kitchens.
Finally, customers searching for a safe kitchen appliance shouldn’t miss out on purchasing the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor. For the machine to start, every component must be assembled properly and locked into place. Failure to do so, this Cuisinart food processor will not start.
- This food processor comes with touch buttons that are intuitive and easy to operate.
- This appliance comes with sharp stainless steel blades that allow you to chop, slice, puree, shred, mix dough and emulsify with less effort.
- This appliance comes with extra attachments which include a whisk attachment, thick slicing disk, and French fry disk.
- The stainless steel blades are tough enough to accomplish most cutting and slicing tasks.
- The Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor is powered by a very strong 720W motor that offers massive power without producing much noise.
- This appliance is very stable thanks to the heavy base and rubberized feet.
- The 14-cup capacity is large enough to prepare more food enough for an entire family.
- With sleek dimensions of 16.6×12.6×9.3 inches, this machine is compact enough to fit most modern kitchens.
- The safety feature is quite tricky as you have to assemble the machine precisely or else it won’t operate. This is quite a nuisance for those users who don’t know how to assemble the appliance.
- Speaking of the weight, the Cuisinart is on the heavy side considering it has a weight of 18 pounds. If you plan on carrying it more often, this weight might be cumbersome.
- According to most customers, the blades are not very strong and may break from time to time when subjected to heavy-duty tasks.
- Another issue is with the feed tube which is located at the back of the appliance. This is quite annoying to most customers.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use old disks from other models on the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY?
Provided the disks can fit in the offset shaft extension of the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY, then you’re free to use them. However, there’s no need to use old disks as this new model comes with an entire package of new disks that will help you accomplish most of your shredding, chopping, slicing and cutting tasks.
Why are there liquids leaking from the food processor?
If a liquid is leaking from the bowl, then there’s a high possibility that you added too much liquid. For effective performance, always add liquids slowly by slowly when the motor is on to allow your ingredients to slowly absorb the liquid.
The machine is perfectly plugged but the blades are not spinning?
First, check to ensure that the components are perfectly aligned in place. Remember the safety feature cannot allow this appliance to start if the components are not assembled properly. Another reason is that your appliance might be having a faulty capacitor or a damaged drive shaft.
Even the best products do have some minor flaws. In the case of the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, there are some minor drawbacks though they’re not enough to outweigh the many benefits offered by this appliance.
From a performance standpoint, the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor is surely one of the best food processors thanks to its large capacity, multiple stainless steel blades, powerful motor and safety feature that prevents any accidents in case the machine has not been assembled well.
Available in a brushed stainless steel outer casing, the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor is affordable, making it the best deal for customers searching for a budget high performing food processor.